For Makers and Workshop Leaders
Interested in selling your products and/or teaching a workshop at Saguaro Market?
We offer 5 (and a half) collaboration options:
Sell your products to us at wholesale prices/quantities.
Makers that sell wholesale typically discount their product for retailers and have minimum order amounts. Click here to learn more about selling wholesale.
Interested in selling to Saguaro Market? Please complete this short form to help us understand what you're selling and why your product is a good fit for our shop. We'll contact you if we're interested in carrying your product.
Rent our loft/pop-up space and sell your products directly to customers during a market weekend.
The loft offers approximately 400 square feet of space within Saguaro Market for makers to display & sell items directly to customers during regular market weekends. Most market weekends attract between 1,000-1,5000 unique visitors. Makers can use the entire space for themselves or share it with other makers and split the cost of the space rental.
The loft costs $375 and includes:
- 400 square feet of indoor space
- power included
- Space is available to you for the entire 4-days of the market
- 10am - 6pm Thursday - Saturday
- 10am - 3pm Sunday
- 8-hours of setup time the day before market opening
- 9am - 5pm
- Furniture for displaying your items:
- 1- 4ft x 4ft table (moveable)
- 1- 3 ft round table (moveable)
- 2- 2ft x 1ft tables (attached to wall)
- Space may be shared by up to 4 businesses
- 3 pre-event, boosted Instagram/Facebook posts highlighting your pop-up at Saguaro Market
- Value of $100
- Point of sale/check-out service including
- credit card transaction fee
- packaging (bags/tissue)
- Additional display furniture
- Merchandising assistance (help & advice on setting up your space)
Apply to be a featured maker during a market weekend.
Beginning May, 2017 we'll be featuring the work of one local maker at each market. As the featured artist:
- Your work will be the highlight and focus of a 1-2 hour reception the Wednesday evening prior to market opening.
- The event will be open to anyone of your choosing as well as to Saguaro Market customers
- Your work will be sold during the 4-day market.
- You'll receive 100% of the proceeds of the sale of your items.
- You will be featured in these marketing channels:
- A month long social media campaign leading up to the market
- Each day you will be asked to share something specific about your artistry. (We have a list of post suggestions that will help you know what to share.) Your posts will then be reposted from the Saguaro Market account.
- An interview/article to be published on our blog.
- This will include a time lapse video that showcases your process.
Teach a workshop.
Two unique options available:
1. Interested in teaching a Saguaro Market workshop?
We're looking for experts in the following areas to teach workshops for Saguaro Market customers.
- Mixed media (acrylics, paper, stamps, etc.)
- Handmade correspondence (cards, envelopes)
- Paper making
The loft is outfitted with a table, chairs, space for up to 12 students, electricity, and access to water. It's available to rent in 3-hour increments.
- 1-3 hours: $250
- 3-6 hours: $475
- 6-9 hours: $700
- 9-12 hours: $925
Attend a Handmade Tucson Reception
The success of the first Handmade Tucson reception in February has inspired us to continue hosting similar functions. Here's what you can expect:
- The receptions will occur on a quarterly basis. Dates are TBD and will be posted as soon as they're confirmed in these places:
- on this website
- The objective is to gather like minded creative people together to
- foster collaboration opportunities
- share trends & info about what's hot in the shop
- have fun
Stay tuned-in for more information about the Handmade Tucson Leadership Program.
Do you have a pretty good handle on the handmade side of your business but continue to struggle with confidence and strategic thinking? The Handmade Tucson Leadership Program will help you understand how to think like a Product Manager and use Lean Start-up techniques as well as Design Thinking to grow your confidence, your business, and tackle pretty much any problem life can throw at you. It's that good. You can learn a bit more about the basis for the curriculum and experiences here on my personal website.